ARTIK Cloud is a data exchange platform that enables any device or sensor to push its data to the cloud. Applications, services and devices can then use that data through simple APIs.
ARTIK Cloud is open and agnostic. To save data or send a message to the cloud, you can do it in the format most convenient to you. ARTIK Cloud will do the work of interpreting it.
ARTIK Cloud defines a new paradigm for developers to create services and applications. It offers a new dimension to think beyond a single device and enables developers to connect and analyze all sorts of data. This is what we call Data Driven Development (D3).
- Clients can access and aggregate historical data from different sources, thus opening a new perspective on big data.
- Clients that subscribe to a WebSocket can receive data in real-time, enabling different devices and applications to talk to each other.
- ARTIK Cloud is the only service that gives users complete control over their data. By granting access to devices and applications, users promote an ecosystem of services around data.
- Through the definition of a Manifest, developers can support diverse devices and data.
What this documentation covers
- Important ARTIK Cloud concepts, including messages, devices and device types, and data normalization; along with a Hello, World! quick-start guide.
- The full ARTIK Cloud API reference.
- Authentication with OAuth2, creating users with ARTIK Cloud Accounts, and managing users and their devices in the cloud.
- Authentication with OAuth2 and managing users and their devices in the cloud.
- Writing the Manifest to interpret and normalize your device data.
- How to begin connecting data between devices, clouds and ARTIK Cloud.
- Advanced ARTIK Cloud features like Rules and trials.
- Developer tools to help you work with the platform.
- Tutorials for developing basic ARTIK Cloud applications, and Samples of more advanced ARTIK Cloud applications available on GitHub.
Longtime developers may have noticed a change. The data exchange platform formerly known as SAMI is now officially ARTIK Cloud! All the features you've been using are intact, with many more to come.